A nice and very easy to make rice pudding. Good source of carbs but without sugar. One of my favourite things to get a lot of energy before a long ride or run and recover afterwards. 5 x 200KCal servings.
- Prep time: 20 ~ 25 minutes
- 5 portions
- 125g of risotto rice
- 30g of corn flour (about two tablespoons)
- 0.5l of semi skimmed milk
- 100 g of sugar or 2 espresso cups of red canderel powder (for sugar free)
- Orange zest form half an orange
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 flat teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Tiny bit of salt
Boil the rice for about 17 minutes (or as much as the package indicates) with 2-3 times the volume in water. When the rise is done and almost all the water absorbed, pour half the milk and keep on low heat. Put the rest of the milk in a bowl and mix all the rest of the ingredients. When mixed well, pour them in the boiling rise. Steer in low heat for about 5 minutes or until it becomes thick and creamy. Bear in mind that it will become much more solid when it cools. Serve in 5 bowls to get the 200 Calorie per portion or as desired.