This recipe is very similar to the courgette balls but it is done with a more variety of vegetables and it is a bit lighter in calories.
Expect about 16 medium balls
Baked would have ~650 Kcal
- 1.5 Large courgettes (350g)
- 2 Medium carrots (100g)
- 1 Medium onion (100g)
- 1/2 Medium aubergine (150g)
- 1/4 Green Pepper
- 2 Cloves of garlic
- 2 Medium eggs
- 50g Feta cheese
- 2 tbsp Flour (20g)
- 50g Breadcrumbs
- Parsley(to taste)
- Dill (to taste)
- Olive oil and four for the pan
- Salt, Pepper
- 1 tsp Cumin ground
- 2tsp Oregano dried
- 20 leaves of dried spearmint
- In a large bowl chop the courgettes, carrots, onion, aubergine using the large parts of a food grater as seen at the image on the left.
- Now you have to strain all the water out of the grated vegetables. The best way to do it, is to empty the contents of the bowl into a clean kitchen towel and then make a pouch and squeeze the water out. The more you squeeze the better, but stop at some reasonable point
- Put the grated pepper, the garlic crashed, the feta chopped in very small pieces, the parsley and dill chopped in small pieces too, the spearmint crashed, the eggs and the spices and salt
- Spread the flour and the breadcrumbs
- Now mix all the ingredients very well with your hands for about 2-3 minutes
- Leave for about 20 minutes to dry a bit (optional, but they get better)
- Create balls of about 3 cm in diameter (1 & /4 inches)
Prepare a largish pan, by spreading a tspn of olive oil with a brush and then spreading flour on top of it.
Put all the balls leaving about 1cm distance between them.
Cook in medium to high flame for about 30 minutes. Remember to turn them over at about the 20th minute so that you will get them nicely done.
Well, cook as desired depending on the grill
- Cover all balls with a film of flour. To do it, usually put some flour in a tray. Then put the balls inside making sure they are covered with flour.
- Shallow or deep fired in medium high temperature until they get a light brownish colour.