A bit like falafel but lighter, spicier and with more vegetables. Can be done baked or fired. Goes well with some sauce like the tzatziki.
- Chick peas, 250 g boiled or 1 can drained
- Carrot, 1 large or 2 medium
- Courgette, 1 medium
- Red onion, 1 medium, ground
- Garlic, 2 cloves, ground
- Bread, soft, no crust, 100 g
- Milk, 1 espresso cup
- Black pepper
- If fried, flour
Very simpler really. The more important thing is to squeeze the water out of the courgette and carrot to make them bind well, otherwise they will be crumbling.
- Crush the chick peas
- Grind the courgette and carrot and squeeze as much water out as possible. I recommend using a kitchen towel to squeeze them
- Grind the onion but don’t squeeze too much
- Crush the garlic
- Chip the spearmint and parsley
- Soak the bread in the milk and squeeze it with your hands to look like uniform mass
- Put them all together (spices and oil included)
- Make them like balls or patty
Preheat the oven around 220C. Put some olive oil at the bottom of the tray. Cook for 15 minutes in one side and 10 on the other.
If you are going to fry them, bathe them in flour. Fry to taste