Traditional recipe for Greek meatballs coming from my grand mother but probably now a bit different than the original.
Traditionally meatballs are shallow or deep fried. But a few months ago I grilled them on a raclette and I was surprised that they tasted even better. Since them I always grill them and the best way is to charcoal them!
- Lean Beef mince 500g *
- Lean Pork mince 500g
- Soft bread without crust 200g (alternatively 200g breadcrumbs)
- Milk 1 espresso cup
- Onion 1 medium
- Garlic 2-4 cloves
- White wine 1-2 tbsp
- Parsley, fresh, a small bunch
- Spearmint, dried, about 20 leaves
- Oregano, dried, 1 flat tbsp
- Cumin, ground, 1 flat tsp
- Black pepper
- Half a cup of flour
- A cup of olive oil
* The best beef I found until now, is the the Marks & Spencer’s full flavoured extra lean beef!