One of my all time favourite small nibble. Takes less that 10 minutes to prepare and about 20 minutes to roast. The typical recipe is with feta cheese, but it can be done with other white, non-melting cheese like the Greek Μηζύθρα (Mitzithra) or Ανθότυρος (Anthotyros) that are much lighter. Another good alternative is the Ricotta cheese.
- 10 small sweet peppers. Traditionally light green, could be any colour as long as they are small like the ones in the image
- Feta cheese 100g
- Dill fresh, chopped 1 tbsp
- Cumin ground, 1/2 tsp
- Black pepper ground
- Tiny bit of oil to spread in the bottom of the pan
- Remove the rear end of the peppers so that there will be a small opening and clean the seeds from inside.
- In a bowl put the feta with all the rest of the ingredients (except from the oil) and with a fork break it in small pieces close to being a cream and mix it with the rest. It is not important to be creamy, as long as the pieces are small enough to make stuffing easy.
- Stuff the peppers with the feta mix
- Spread some oil on a cooking pan or aluminium foil with a brush
- Lay the peppers
- Use the brush to put a thin film of oil on top of the peppers
- Cook in preheated oven ~220 Celsius